Vitals: Birth Certificates, Death Certificates and Marriage Certificates
The City Clerk issues certified copies of birth and death certificates for birth and deaths occurring in the City of Watertown as well as marriage certificates for marriage licenses purchased at the Watertown City Clerk’s Office.
Requests can be made by mail, through the drop box, through the internet or in person (by appointment only). Our office does not accept requests through email.
Requests By Mail or City Hall Drop Box:
- Complete and sign the appropriate request form or write as much known information that is requested on the form on a sheet of paper and sign it
- Include a copy of your Photo ID
- Include the fee of $10 for each certified copy
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 245 Washington Street, Room 101, Watertown, NY 13601 or place in an envelope addressed to the “City Clerk” in the City Hall Drop Box located at the Sterling Street entrance to the building
Requests through the Internet:
Orders can be made online using your credit card through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide this Internet Ordering Service.
Use the following link: (http://www.vitalchek.com/Campaign?site=2&clickid=934778831448768514)
- Fee is $10 for each certified copy along with an additional $7.25 credit card processing fee
- Overnight express shipping is available for an additional fee of $19.50 (this option is not available for a Post Office Box)
- Other internet vendors are not authorized by The Watertown City Clerk and may charge additional fees without providing state-approved services. Neither The Watertown City Clerk nor VitalChek have control over the services and fees these other internet vendors offer, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any data provided to vendors other than VitalChek.
Requests In Person (By Appointment Only):
- Applicant must call the City Clerk’s Office at 315-785-7780 to schedule an appointment
- Bring a completed signed form (links to forms are above under Mail and Drop Box instructions) or write as much known information that is requested on the form on a sheet of paper and sign it
- Bring your Photo ID
- Fee is $10 for each certified copy (cash, money order, debit/credit card accepted – additional processing fees for debit/credit card payments)