The Code Enforcement Department responds to citizens' complaints regarding property within the City Limits in a number of ways:
- Call the Complaint Hotline to leave a voice mail message: (315) 785-7846 24-hour-a-day line for property complaints within the city.
- Call the Code Enforcement Office at (315) 785-7735 during business hours Monday through Friday.
When making a complaint, be sure you have the correct address for the property about which you are complaining. Be specific about your complaint. Have the date, location, description available.
Some valid complaint types are as follows:
- Sidewalk (broken, snow-covered, blocked)
- Tall grass and weeds
- Trash and debris
- Unsecured buildings
- Zoning and Building without a permit
- Building problems: exterior and interior; fences
- Heating issues
- Storm and sewer complaints
- Front Yard Parking
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Working without a permit
- Continuous Garage Sales
Complaints dealing with parked cars or noise levels should be directed to the Police department.