Handicapped Parking Permits
If you live within the City of Watertown and qualify for a handicapped parking permit
, you may obtain one from the City Clerk’s Office.
- Submit an Application form completed by your healthcare provider.
- Bring the applicant’s Photo ID
- There is no fee for a permit.
Things to Remember:
- Permanent Handicapped Parking Permits are valid for 5 years
- Temporary Handicapped Parking Permits are valid for 6 months
- Handicapped Plates for a vehicle can be obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- It is illegal to park in a parking space reserved for persons with disabilities if you do not have the correct vehicle plates or parking permit.
For more information, visit the NYS DMV website at http://www.dmv.ny.gov/disabled.htm or download a brochure at http://www.dmv.ny.gov/broch/c34.htm