Click to Home
Old Watertown Room

This is the 'Old Watertown' Room and has also been newly renovated and the murals restored.  These images depict Watertown's downtown area and bridges.


The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library

The original murals in the Old Watertown room were started by Charles Naegle and were portrayed in the Library's Grand Opening pamphlet.  Unfortunately, he was unable to complete the murals, so in 1936 Charles Holden repainted the murals this time showing scenes from the square and the Black River in the late 1800's.
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library

Two of the scenes show Beebee Island and the iron bridge (shown below) that connected it with the north side of the river and Mill Street - the iron bridge was part of Court Street
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library
The OLD WATERTOWN room in the Flower Library