Empire Zone Administration Board
The Empire Zone Administrative Board consists of 9 members.
The board has to be comprised of the following:
- A city official to act as chairman;
- A Town representative recommended by the Town of Watertown Board;
- A local business owner from within the Zone;
- A union representative, preferably one that has members working in the Zone;
- A leader of a community-based human resources organization that operates in the Zone;
- A leader of a financial institution;
- A leader of a local educational institution;
- A resident of the Zone or eligible census tracts;
- An at-large member.
The board usually meets once every 2 months for approximately 1.5 hours. Agendas are prepared several days ahead of meetings and preparation time for board members is usually 1/2 hour.
The Zone Administrative Board is responsible for setting the policies of the Zone and overseeing the business of the Zone and the work done by the Zone Coordinator. The Board also decides whether or not businesses within the Zone are certified and therefore eligible for benefits.
Camoin Associates, Inc.
PO Box 3367
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (315) 782-1167
Fax: (518) 899-9642
View/Print a consolidated list of All Boards & Commissions